Happy Independence Day (in the USA)

Sorry about not  posting last week but I am pretty certain no one wanted to hear the details of my stomach problems or how many times I had to go to the bathroom all week.  I did get some amazing sleep in:  at least two full days I barely crawled out of bed.  Fortunately all this started while I was still in town so I stayed in town where my bed was roughly 10 feet from the toilet instead of all the way across the site.

I did head back out to the site this week despite not being over the effects.  But those that know me also know I typically will work myself out of an illness if it lasts too long which this one was.  It seemed to work as things started getting better on Thursday and now I feel good to go.

The bad part is we are currently in the middle of a tight time schedule project with a hard end date.  We are repairing the pre-school and redoing the playground area and school starts back on July 13th.  I was expecting to have some small detail items that I would have to finish after school opened back up, but now I am going to have quite a bit of work to do around the school schedule.  I should be able to complete the critical list items like finish repairing the blackboard, paint the interior and repair the swing set.  While I was out sick I hired the crew that drastically reduced their price to dig out the playground area and had the sand placed so all that was done and all I had to do was pay for it.
newly sanded playground area


removed dirt placed around pre-school to cover the exposed foundation

So far this week I managed to get 2 coats of paint on the interior but it will most likely take 3 with a touch up fourth coat.  I got the blackboard repairs finished and put one coat of blackboard paint on the wall.  The blackboard paint was interesting as it started with a water top and sludge bottom which took about 30 minutes to mix up thoroughly.  It still was very runny when I tried to apply to the wall and made a rather bad mess of the wall below as you can see in the picture.  There are several shutters and the door have to be repaired as well then all have to be painted.  Hopefully I will get the repairs done and one coat of paint then can finish up later.
sludge at bottom of blackboard paint

1st coat of blackboard paint

The swing set repairs continued with the seat boards.  There are three of them and they took roughly 2 1/2 hours each to prepare for painting.  It took 4 minutes to drill a single hole through the 1 inch boards which are actually 1 1/2 thick.
awkward positions to plane the boards and hold them still

4 minutes to drill a single hole

1st coat of paint on seat boards

This blog is running at a fast pace because this is also the weekend I have to submit end of month reports and end of quarter financials and prepare the spreadsheet for the 3rd quarter accounting.

Not much of an Independence day for me here, just working on the computer and hope to watch some of the Game of Thrones somebody recently gave me on a thumb drive.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari