visits and rain

This week had a couple special moments to it.  First it rained on monday.  If you want to know what I mean by rain there is a video below.  The noise you hear so loudly is the rain hitting the roof of my "house".

The second is a visit by long time friend and engineering colleague, Frank DeVita, PE.  He and his brother-in-law have been working on starting a ministry in Kiruani.  You can learn abou their minisitry at http://b2buministries.orgThey have a clean water bored well and are currently building a primary school in addition to the various mission teams that come over to work and preach around that area.  

Frank and his contractor, Abraham, visited mid week and I met them in Singida then drove them out to our site where the three of us discussed various building techniques and ideas we have for getting rid of bats.  I was happy when they told me they could not even smell the bats in our medical buildings which is a major improvement over when I first got here.

It was a good visit and great to see a friend.  Hopefully I will get a chance next year to return the favor and visit their site to see their construction as well.  One of the things they are considering is a solar pump system to move water to various buildings (tanks at each building) and we talked about the USAID system I saw and how it took someone from Dar or Arusha area to fix it.  Fortunately Frank is a lot like me in that he wanted a simpler system. They don't get as much rain as we do during rainy season so the rainwater harvesting system we have installed are not a solution for them. 
So I had a good week and this weekend I travel to Arusha for the Christmas Fair and to pay deposits for the team coming June 2017.  

Everyone have a good Thanksgiving, remember those who don't have family or money to eat a good meal.  Most importantly spend some time with your family and/or those you like to hang out with.😉






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari