blessed

I have mentioned in blogs before about how at times it is difficult to write a specific blog or topic but never more so than this one.  It was not my best trip home.  I got some type of cold early on and it stayed with me the whole time making me a weak the entire trip.  America is in its most fragile state I remember with everyone living on headlines and soundbites and not actual truths and stories and that applies to both sides of the aisles.  The country has become one of believe as I do or you must be evil again on both sides of the political aisles. The problems with the cell service getting cut off. There was also a problem of a personal nature that I will not go into detail on to protect others but it did cause me great grief and emotional pain.

So how do I write a blog about my time at home with those things constantly coming to the forefront of my mind.  I am going to focus on the positive things that happened while I was home.  The multitude of blessings poured out on me from my church family, my mission family were overwhelming so I am going to choose them.  There are so many in fact I am going to do them list style and pray I don't miss any but I am sure I will.

  • I had two offers for the loan of a vehicle during my stay.  A great blessing that both the Gordons and Garlands offered to let me use a vehicle while I was home.  
  • My Sunday school class set the date of the Christmas party so I could attend.
  • Meeting the new pastor and his family.  I actually liked him more than I thought I would (ask him about the inside joke of that statement)
  • Got a chance to talk to our youth group which I have not done in a while.  
  • Got to spend time with the Gordon pets that love me.
  • Hung out with friends
  • Got to learn how to make some jewelry items to round out my mom's jewelry party which was a huge success.
  • Got to eat lunch with some new friends from the last mission trip
  • Got to have dinner with someone from the church who I really only knew through facebook until this trip.  Always great to become real life friends with facebook friends.
  • Game night with my friends
  • Spoke to several groups in a church I had not previously spoken to.
  • The mission team fundraiser when I first got back was fantastic and I was especially touched by those who got up and talked before me and especially that my favorite concept of mission work being about building relationships was still alive.
  • Speaking to the Men's ministry and while being introduced having that same concept highlighted.
  • Lunch with some long time friends at the church.
  • Learning a new building skill
  • The overwhelming offers to help with anything I need and knowing these people are not just saying because they have proven it time and time again.  
  • Having someone buy film for the new camera I want to use on site (strongly suggest this for mission teams-it is a polaroid snap that prints the picture but also saves it to a flash drive digitally)
  • All the goodies from church members to help me from beef jerky, spam, drink mixes, sugar free treats.



  • Getting a new device I found on Amazon for pet groomers.  It is a rechargeable pump with hose and shower head attachment.  I can heat my water put it in a bucket and use this to take a real like shower.



  • Getting some lunch box tins for a new project I want to do in my house this year-so look forward to those.


  • Eating steak, hamburgers, pizza and everything else I love food wise.  Including a good salad-you know the one that is good but not good for you.
  • Watching Clemson manhandle Ohio State in the semi-final.
  • Watching one of the best College Championship Football games ever and having Clemson win it in nail biting fashion against the best football team this decade.
  • Good meetings with the executive committee and board of Full Dimension Ministry
  • Having dinner with a long time engineering friend and his family to discuss the fact that we will be working together on a project here in Tanzania-more on that to come in the future.
  • Adding this new project which will provide me with more opportunities to go to Arusha.
  • The fact that my computer lasted an entire year here in Tanzania.
  • The fact that my shoes lasted an entire year though they had some small holes in the bottom when I got home.
  • Having both bags when I checked in weigh exactly 50 lbs.
Yes I think the key is to focus on these things to help me deal with the other things.  Maybe if we as a country did this it would help as well.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I went to the birds?

Water/Maji

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari