Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas a little early.  Yes, it is that time of year though I am pretty certain you folks in the States are much more aware of that than I am.  My hotel in Arusha has a 1-foot high tree with presents under it.  That is the only decoration I have seen and it is interesting since the owners, who live at the hotel, are Muslim.

At this time when everyone is busy trying to buy presents, trying all the various flavors of the Christmas season and of course for us Clemson fans, getting ready for the playoffs.  I always like to take a blog and remind people about alternative gift giving.  There are pro groups at this like Heifer International and Samaritan's Purse.  But even small groups like to remind you that you can give a gift to them in honor of someone.  

In that vein, I have made up some JPG images of a one-sheet card you fold into a quarter fold card.  The idea is simple.  If you want to give a gift in honor of someone then you download the card image you like, print it, fold and write your name in the blank.  Send in a donation to Blessed2BlessU Ministries, Inc. via their PayPal account you can find on their website at   http://b2buministries.org/support/ or by check sent to PO Box 2016 Fremont, NC 27830.  Because you print the card there is no deduction for receiving goods or services in return for the donation.  We do this on the honor system so no need to specify anything about your donation.

Also, I am going to be home for Christmas on December 20th and stay until January 25th so if you or a group you participate in would like me to come speak about the new ministry I am working with and what I am doing with them please contact me at steveintanzania@gmail.com.  I would love to come out and talk to anyone interested especially since I will be asking for people to support me again going forward.  The Christmas Card donations are to the ministry's support, not mine (just to be clear).  If you would like to donate to my support you can do so by:

Through Mauldin United Methodist Church, you can use your regular offering method just please designate your donation “Blessed2BlessU” and Mary will make sure the contribution is sent to my support.  Through Blessed2BlessU Ministries, Inc. you can send a check made out to the ministry to PO Box 2016 Fremont, NC 27830 and designate the contribution to “Kiruani Missionary.”  Blessed2BlessU Ministries, Inc. is a 501c3 Non-Profit for tax deduction purposes.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari