What's happening at home

As normal, I tend to not get as many blogs written while I am at home.  This occurs for 2 main reasons.  The first being I don't think everyone is as interested in hearing about my life at my parent's house as they are about my life in Tanzania.  The second being I end up with a lot of little projects that seem to consume much more of my life than I expected.  

In the last couple of weeks, I have helped pitchfork mulch into wheelbarrows for four hours one Saturday to help the Peru team; I spent last Thursday, Friday and Saturday moving furniture for the Peru team yard sale; I spent several days in one of my Dad's office units going through the mass of stuff left behind by a tenant to figure out what was good for the yard sale, what was metal recycling for the men's fellowship recycling program and what was paper recycling and what was just trash and carrying it all down stairs before cleaning that office; yesterday I worked on cleaning up all my brother's left over stuff at my dad's office and getting it on one shelving unit as well as repairing walls in one of the  rooms.

I have also been working on the bushes killed by the late frost at my mom's house.  Ten holly bushes at the back of the house.  So far I have trimmed the bottom so I could see the trunks and then use the bow saw to cut them all down.  I still have to remove the stumps and roots in case anybody would like to come help one day.







So it never seems I get to sit down at a computer very much while I am home and this is why.

I have been getting a few speaking engagements in.  So far I have done the Deborah Circle at MUMC and Zion UMC in Fremont, NC.  Coming up I will be Wednesday night youth group this week (May 9th), Mauldin UMC Missions Committee on May 14th, Talking about Peru at their 15th Anniversary dinner for the church on May 16th, Celebrating my mom and dad's 60th anniversary a little early with a trip to visit my brother in San Francisco from May 19th to 26th.  I will be at Mauldin UMC Men's Fellowship breakfast on June 10th and then at Pelham Road Baptist church at 11 am Service.  We are trying to get a booth at SC UMC annual conference the week of June 3 also for the organization.  **UPDATE** I will be at St. Mark UMC in Greenwood for the Sunday School hour June 3.

I want to highlight two of those items:  
Peru's 15th Anniversary dinner on May 16th.  This dinner will replace the normal Wed night dinners and will have a program to celebrate the fact this year will be the 15th year we have sent a team to Peru.  Dinner will start as normal at 5:30 but will continue until 7 PM so folks that cannot get off work early can hopefully still join us.  The program will start at 6:15 with a slide show and then some of us will talk about what these 15 years have meant to the church and us personally as well as a video message from Billy Clarke in Peru.

Men's Fellowship Breakfast is at 7:30 am at Mauldin UMC on June 10th.  This is a great group and all men are automatically members.  Women are also welcome to come out.  Guys this is one of the great ways you can set a Christian example for your kids is by bringing them to this breakfast every month.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari