Tiny House Tanzania Season 3 Episode 4 plus Chris Pine reads Clark the Shark

Before we get into heart of the blog this week, I am excited.  Why?  For a lot of reasons.  First I finally got my first celebrity retweet about them reading a story to our kids




So that was really nice.  Second the headmaster asked me to teach the religion class while they were singing their praise songs  It was on the Fruits of the Spirit and he wanted me to teach it because some of the words were difficult for them to pronounce.  I also got to teach Fractions to our Standard 1 class (mostly how many pieces of pie are left and so forth).

This week we had Chris Pine reading Clark the Shark to the class which I in turn got to use some of that story and its lesson when talking about the Fruits of the Spirit.  Reading with Barnabas has become a big hit at the school.

On to the Tiny House Tanzania episode-Bedroom

The bedroom's biggest problem is well the bed.  It consumes over 2/3rds of the room.  I got a bunk bed for this room for several reasons.  1st it easier to hang a mosquito net from should I desire to do so but honestly I have not slept under a net in over 4 years.  2nd it provides a great place to store my suitcases out of the way and 3rd I have an extra bed if someone visits.  Like most bed frames in Tanzania it is a little too ornamental for my taste.  I prefer things like that to have a modern clean look.  For the frame to be as close to unseen as possible.

The other problem is that while I am only 5'8" tall I pretty much touch both ends unless I lay down somewhat at an angle.  Most beds here are that way.

We have had cooler temperatures this year, which I am assuming are due to the heavy and prolonged rains we got over rainy season (we even get an occasional overnight rain shower this far away from rainy season).  Due to this fact I needed a blanket of some sort and not just the bedsheet I normally use.  So a total of 4 months in the making is my first afghan. It is 155 double crochet stitches across and 110 rows long.  It has a border of 3 rounds of single crochet stitching.  It took 8 1/2 skeins of yarn to make.  

 I use the bedframe to also hang my clothes from (dressy type shirts). You can also see the battery and inverter for the solar power system.
On the opposite wall from the bed I have my pictures on the wall and hang my computer bag which is my main go to town bag.  I also have installed one lunch box (marvel onthe bottom) to store my medicines and a superman pencil box that locks up to store something that needs to be locked up.  In case you are wondering how well bread travels in a book bag I have attached a picture of that as well.


My shirts, underwear and socks are all in the collapsible fabric boxes I got at the dollar store.    While it may not appear so in the picture it works pretty well if you roll your clothes like I do. I had thought of storing them in suitcases because the house at my previous site was so rodent ridden that my clothes all had holes from critters chewing on them.  I don't have that problem here so they can be stored in the open like that.

I also have the clothes washing bucket in the bedroom to serve as a dirty laundry basket.

So that is pretty much the bedroom.  I have thought about putting in a fabric wardrobe they sell in town but it would take up too much vertical space.  I would like to make some type of table like those behind sofas that would have a mid shelf to get the clothes storage boxes off the floor.

Also we had some more singing by the kids and one from the teacher I thought you would enjoy as well.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari