Tiny House Tanzania-Kitchen/Sitting Room

Trying to keep the blog balanced so I am going back to Tiny House Tanzania episodes.  This one is about the Kitchen and Sitting Room area.  I may cover some areas I have already touched on but it has been a while so hopefully you will not mind.

To start off I purchased a small handheld sewing machine while in the states and have used it to hem my curtains in the house finally.  It is nice to finally get them off the floor so it is easier to clean the edges.  It also makes them look nicer.  I also had enough scrap material to make a window topper for the kitchen window.



The kitchen area is one where I have to do as much as I can to keep things organized.  The house built for at this site does not have the critter problems I had at the previous house.  I still keep the food in containers as much as possible because it keeps insects out and I use them to keep things organized.  As mentioned in previous episodes, organization is vital to tiny house living.




I use hooks to hang my pots and pans on the support pieces for the kitchen sink.  I use cat litter large containers from mom and dad to store things like meat I buy in the states and pasta mixes.  I also use hooks to put the air pump I use to clean the window tracks out with and my water bottle cleaner.




I have started taking the book bags on the wall to the extreme as a way to organize things and keep them off the floor.  I use command strips plastic hooks to keep them up off the floor.  I also use them to keep my curtains pulled back until I make some tie backs.  The wind blows the curtains around too much or the curtains get sucked to the frame and block air flow.  I have more bags than shown here in the sitting area.  The bottom picture is a left over school bag from last year's Christmas gifts that had a broken zipper.  So I use it to hold my electronic cables and small items.

The open black bag is for my tools and the larger dark bag is my current filing drawer.  I also have one I made in the states that holds my books.  


This is a crochet bag I made to hold all my yarn, scissors, needles etc.


This is my desk.  I upgraded my chairs after the one plastic leg chair broke and put in metal leg plastic chairs.  They work much better especially on a slick tile floor.  I use my suitcase as a mobile desk with a lap desk mounted on top.  That is where I get to do my computer work.



Originally I used plastic bags that I would catch on the metal security frame of the door for my trash bags.  I have since upgraded this system because Tanzania has banned plastic bags.  

Now I use a small (2 liter) plastic bucket attached with a c-clip.  









Lately I have been painting small circles all over the walls to give it a little more life and blend in with the curtains some.  I also have some large stick on the wall dry erase circles that I put up and write bible verses on.  I have also been buying some simple small child backpacks that are penguins.  I have my drink mix in those.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari