It is Christmas time again and all I want are my two front teeth.

I have seen a lot on Facebook about if you don't like this Christmas son then something is wrong with you.  Well I don't get into all that negative speak but I have to say if you can look at these faces and not think about the song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" then we may be looking at different pictures.



It is Christmas time and the last day of school, we gave out presents to the kids thanks to Zion United Methodist in North Carolina.  All the kids got a backpack (most of the Dora the Explorer this year), six exercise books, two pencils (courtesy of MUMC team), sharpener, erasers, ruler, toothpaste, toothbrush (courtesy of MUMC team), a coloring book, puzzle, bracelet, a couple scripture coins, crocheted washcloth, box of crayons, toy car, additional toy based on age.  Those moving up to Standard I got their own copy of the 100 Best Loved Bible Stories book we use for devotion time. I am going to put a bunch of pictures here (but still not all of them).  Please scroll down to the bottom because I have some additional information you may or may not be interested.  For those that are curious we gave all 100 students, the two children from our teachers not yet students and all the staff their gift bags for around $9.50 a person.




































Bible Story books for those rising to Standard I

Everything we put in their gifts

some of the different crocheted washcloth shapes






I hope you enjoyed looking at all those grateful students as much I did getting the chance to coordinate this effort.  Thanks to everyone who contributed or participated in some way.

This time at Christmas many people need some last minute gift ideas.  May I suggest a gift to Blessed2BlessU Ministries, Inc. in someone's honor for Christmas.  You can help us educate the kids in Kiruani by doing so.  Please send your check to PO Box 2016, Fremont, NC 27830 or go to www.b2buministries.org and donate online.

I also have gone out on a limb lately and published a 40 page photo book featuring my favorite pictures for almost 20 years of safaris in Tanzania.  You can contact me via steveintanzania@gmail.com (please don't request one in the comment section because it no longer shows your name with the comment).  They are $35 each and I will even be happy to sign them if you want.










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari