Visitors

This last week I have had visitors from Missouri as part of Devoted Ministries.  They have a canal project in another part of the country but have also visited our school before it became a fully functioning school and wanted to visit again.  They also were helping Pastor Stephano and Compassion International with a sewing ministry.

In addition they visited with the church Sunday morning for worship.

They spent a day at the school visiting our classes.





As there trip came to an end and asked if I could set up a Safari. So to Heff and Cheeky Monkey to take everyone to Tarangire National Park.  We have had some unusual rain patterns and so temps were a bit cooler and the ground wet.  It was still a great safari.



























I have struggled with the next part tonight as I try to decide what part to tell you about and if I should include any photos from this part of the safari.  My decision is to share a brief overview and not share any pictures.  Hopefully you will understand as you read about it.  

The lions we saw at the park with the Mauldin UMC team were still in Tarangire.  They had a baby (still larger than all three lions together) that had been abandoned by his/her family.  Unfortunately the lions were not able to kill but were actually eating from the elephant.  It was both a horrible thing to see as I felt for the poor baby elephant who got up several times and tried to get away.  I wished I had a rifle and could have ended the suffering it was going through.  At the same time it was nature, real life and unfortunately for me I have seen things far worse than this.  I still wish I could have put the elephant out of their misery and fear or that the lions were older and stronger and could have finished the kill.  Unfortunately the damage they had inflicted would have killed the elephant eventually if it got away.  As I reviewed the photos at the hotel, I thought how they captured the scene so well. The would make great photos for a wildlife magazine but were not what I want to show on my blog.  If you would like to see them please send me an email and I will share them as long as your an adult.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Water/Maji

I went to the birds?

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari