Blessed

It is hard to believe that just over a year ago, I found out there may be a need for a full time missionary with Full Dimension Ministry in Tanzania.  A lot has happened since that moment. From being trained as a United Methodist Individual Volunteer Missionary, to our first public announcement in April 2013 at the annual banquet.  Just in the month of December I topped out on my fundraising need and the first third of the truck money needed was raised.  

Pastor Smoke had a wonderful message today from the sermon on the mount talking about those who are blessed.  It is a word I have used a lot lately as I write thank you notes.  I have felt it too!  The wonderful support of my extended church family to get me funded so quickly.  The encouragement of my friends has been such a great boost to my life.  

If all of this was not enough to make me feel completely assured that I was on the right path to do what God wants me to do, the send off service was so amazing I feel even more ready to go.  The attendance, the words of encouragement and thanks, the chance to talk to everyone, and the prayers for me, my family and the people of Tanzania.  

So thank you to all, everyone who has prayed, encouraged, supported or just shook my hand to send me on my way.  Asante Tembe-Thank you an Elephant.  I look forward to what happens next and what God has in store for me.  Tuesday is coming and I am ready because you helped me answer God's call every step of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I went to the birds?

Water/Maji

You travel all the way to Tanzania you should do a safari